01 October 2023

Goldilocks, in the beginning...The Circle.

 Welcome to the Goldilocks Obsession!

I started working on this design years ago, I'm not sure why it got put aside - it's so versatile!

First came the circle.

History.
I wanted to make a blanket. Nice. 
I thought - Circle - Great!
Then.... But not that one, not that one, nah, nope, scroll on...
Too hard, too easy, too boring, too finickity!

Eventually I came up with a design I liked. Not too hard, not too easy. Just right!
Hence the name.🧸🧸🧸.

These are all done in Stylecraft Special DK, my go to blanket yarn.

Pictures.
Number 1.


I did this one in a rainbow of colours (that bottle green in the middle is a bit jarring!)
and i used a 5mm hook for this one. I have decided now that 5.5 gives a better drape and so have that in the pattern.

After that one I doubled down, well I doubled the yarn and used an 10mm hook to make a big chunky one!

Number 2.

With these two, I used each colour for the 3 row sets. For the next one I changed colour each row. I think I like the effect better.

Here is the last circle, I just made from the box of yarns in the last post. 
I'm calling this palette Spring and Autumn. Pretty spring flowers and dried leaves.

Number 3.
 


This one is 1.25m wide and uses about 450g yarn. 
I'll start a new post to go into more detail.


Pattern is available here on Ravelry.

Other Goldilocks Posts









No comments:

Post a Comment