12 March 2023

A good granny square blanket(s)

I love a good Granny Square blanket.

I like messing with the colours and hook sizes, square size and layout. Even the way you join can alter the appearance.

Here are a few different ones I've made.
 Attic 24's Aria-blanket from a previous post.



 Another Attic 24 inspired mash up!
This one is based on the Aria and using the first few rows of the Yuletide blanket.


One time I went on a bit of a solid square bender!
Trying different hooks and colours.


Then I went super sized! Using an 8mm hook with my fav Stylecraft Special DK makes a
 light but still warm and squishy soft blanket with amazing drape.
 

This wee one was supposed to be much larger but it was just too busy looking to tolerate in the end. 
So it went in the naughty box while I considered its future.   
I think this was when I went to the solid squares!


I'm also rather inspired by Becky Simmons on Ravelry and will have to give one of these crazy things a go one day.



















No comments:

Post a Comment