18 June 2023

New teddy! - in design phase...

 I saw this really soft looking teddy bear the other day, but the pattern was knit. Not just knit but knit in the round! I used to knit but only small things, I just don't have the patience for it. and I never got the hang of knitting in the round, I always ended up with laddering.

So, right, I thought, let's make a crochet version.
I decided to use HDC as the stitch as it's softer than SC and less holey than DC.

Here is my first go in copper Stylecraft DK. (4.5mm hook)
Hmm, needs longer legs and maybe a bit longer arms. I like the built in snout. That worked out well


Go number 2.
This one is in King Cole Drifter. It's very soft. But the colour changes are actually a pain.
I had to snip a bit to get it even-ish.
Well one leg went wonky and his head looks weird even though I didn't change that bit. His snout is a bit off to one side, too. I had thickened up the neck so his head didn't flop so much but I think I'll leave the neck and just stuff it more.

Ooops, undid it before taking a photo!

I'll make something else in the meantime while they sit there and get thought about.


No comments:

Post a Comment